Gas Qualifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I've just completed my NVQ 2 plumbing (2 year, day release college course), but unfortunately the company I work for are struggling, and my job isn't looking safe. :(

I'm thinking of doing my gas training at somewhere like Gaswise York, or MPK Associates - Then progressing to applying to Gas Safe and becoming fully qualified.

Has anyone used/trained at either of these places? Any thoughts on them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave.

Sponsored Links
Don't waste your money on gastraining at the moment, thousands of RGI's with years of experience, who had a client base, are chucking it in. Wait a few years, and build up some experience in plumbing in the meantime whilst earning money.

Sponsored Links
I've emailed british gas to see what they say.

I'm more interested in the installation side of the job as opposed to servicing and repair though.

I also note that Mod 7 has also deleted my comment that it had been moved to an inappropriate forum heading.

It would have nicer if Mod 7 had mentioned that he had deleted my posting. Furthermore that would have been in line with the general site policy that posts are not deleted or edited without an explanation ( except when they are seriously abusive. )

Its generally considered that the college courses are better than the short and expensive private ones.

If you could join the right part of BG then I think they provide the training and experience for you.

Tony

Not sure if its to do solar and ground source or everything.
but they wont be able to drop your m,oney

BG are taking on 2500 but they will be installing SMART meters.

And for the OP, they are also taking on gas installation apprentices over the coming months so might be worth a look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back