nvq qualification

Yes im self employed and have been for many years. Many years ago i had a 715 and the tax man changed the law and so everyone had to go on the books. Then everyone went back self employed. No one has ever said to me that i HAVE to go on the books and im sure there are many many in my situation. As for my boss he doesnt want the hassle of taking me on and i dont blame him. I just dont see how it makes any difference to my situation unless HMRC are in charge of apprenticeships these days? As for MCS who are you to say that i wont/unlikely to be a member?

Sponsored Links
I am thinking the same!

There do not seem to be any difference about employed or self employed except in the eyes of that college.

We do have three trainers on this forum but they have not been around much lately. Perhaps they can work put why there may be a difficulty.

Of course you could probably appeal to the examination board the college use!

I still dont see why you want paper quals when its the work you do thats relevant and your boss is the one to give you experience on gas/solar if thats what he wants to do.

When I can repair boilers I dont find it very technically challenging unblocking drain pipes ( unless its underground drainage which I quite enjoy! ).

Tony

Thanks newgasinstaller for the info luckily you dont need any of that to become MCS accredited. Tony all i wanted to do was to finish the nvq in the first place and wondered why i cant and what being employed had to do with it all but as you have said maybe i need to speak to my local college again?

Sponsored Links
Thanks newgasinstaller for the info luckily you dont need any of that to become MCS accredited. Tony all i wanted to do was to finish the nvq in the first place and wondered why i cant and what being employed had to do with it all but as you have said maybe i need to speak to my local college again?

I think you may be better asking the exam board as the college may be misinterpreting the requirements!

Is it BPEC or another? If so then this may help:-

For further information about these new BPEC qualifications, please contact Steve Ward on 01332 376012 or [email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back