Advice on gas training

mst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
im a kitchen/bathroom fitter and would like to install gas hobs and cookers.

im aware of the ccn training and the elements that need to be covered.

When i complete this training would it be possiable for me to have my corgi assessment?

Any advice will be great ....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can ask CORGI but would normally be expected to have considerable experience first, normally in an employed/supervised situation.

Tony

Thanks ,

Im going to do the training with the local college.

My main concern is when i complete my training i dont want the experiance part to let me down, are CORGI really strict on it?

I know there were a few holes in the corgi electrical process which could be by-passed.

Sponsored Links
It depends on the ACS gas assessment centre. You will need some practical experience of things like testing for leaks, testing flues, etc etc on real systems under a real corgi, who will have to vouch for you.

Where I assess, every now and again someone comes in who has "fiddled" the experience. They stick out like a sore thumb in about 30 seconds, and are "referred". That means thanks for your money, now go away.
So don't try it on. ;)

Thanks for the replys . I will get in contact with my ACS centre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back