Any newly registared CORGI people out there?

mst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im getting diffrent information on what CORGI want as entry requirements.

As far as i was aware you needed a minimum of 80 hours under a CORGI installer but when i asked CORGI about this today it wasnt the case.

Can anyone confirm this? also any other info on what are good books to read etc for CCN training would be a good help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Whatever Corgi told you.

I don't actually know what is required but what i do know is that corgi have the final decision so if someone is telling you different to corgi they cannot help you to get past the important corgi hurdle.

Therefore whatever corgi are telling you is necessary is necessary.

It sounds as if the first hurdle you will have to pass is to be acceptabed onto a course if you are not already employed in the gas industry.

With ACS you can immediately be registered as an operative on an existing company. Its being registered in your own right that will give a problem.

Are you a CC or CCC, whatever that means, as used on another forum to describe someone with ACS and no experience?

Tony

As far as I am aware it is 70 hours of work proof, although someone did post on here that it was 70 days :confused:

If it was the corgi helpline who told you otherwise then they, as usual, are talking out of their backsides.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replys,

I am a kitchen/bathroom fitter for the past 14 years.

And yes it was the CORGI helpline...... :rolleyes: you wouldnt have thought they would talk out there butt would you!

CCN training is coming up at a local college which i think i will take and go from there. Its all a bit grey with CORGI tho. I suppose they want your money at the end of the day a!

Any good books?

i find the VIPER books very god, i believe they are stopping printing them soon and issuing licences to print to training centres/colleges etc to keep the costs down but i don't know whether there are still supplies available, might be an idea to ask the college you are going to what they use and perhaps you could purchase early from them to read up on, i THINK you can do the training anytime but you cannot sit assessments without a completed portfolio of evidence but discuss it carefully with the college before you part with your cash, good luck

i'm doing my corgi "hours" now...three training colleges i approached all wanted 70 days ,.....yes days.
i'd love it to be 70 hours....you'd have them in a fortnight !!
I've been told this is a college/training centre requirement so you have a chance of passing the exams...as much as any corgi requirement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back