CCN1.....ACS...

Sponsored Links
I've checked in my CITB book and both them methods are acceptable.

There is another one though.

Who knows it? :LOL:

Are you meaning the method of checking the fsd on a fire with no b.p. test point from the meter?

The manometer tube over the cooker injector with 3 other rings going is the correct way, but you don't have to of course as if the manufacturer has not provided a test point they also won't have given you a burner pressure figure to check, but they will have given you a kw input to gas rate.

Sponsored Links
Are you meaning the method of checking the fsd on a fire with no b.p. test point from the meter?

yes

The manometer tube over the cooker injector with 3 other rings going is the correct way, but you don't have to of course as if the manufacturer has not provided a test point they also won't have given you a burner pressure figure to check, but they will have given you a kw input to gas rate.

I have to admit that i have done that in the past but i doubt that it is the correct way. I always thought it to be a tad dangerous :eek:

Gas rating is the correct way however some cookers can be tested using the grill injector but unless there are instructions in the MI's then its gas rating.

See..you do know quite a bit...the impression i get is you have all the info in your head but get a little stressed in a pressure situation.

Your right.....nerves are a *ugger aint they! I wasn't as bad as some though, there was an older guy sitting near me on my theory exam who couldn't stop shaking.....especially his hand which was all over the place,the assessors had to give him some water & a short break.

We had one guy who was a bag of nerves, just trying to do a drop test on a U16. Told him I had a call and would be back in a few miutes, and went & got a free cup of soup from the machine (perks, hey!). Took him one as well, discussed croutons for a bit, and he'd calmed right down!

How about :
a) drop test, nothing special. You've done temp stab.
You open the ECV and the pressure goes right to 28mbar, so you shut it and pinch the tube connection till it's 20mbar. You know the reg may have locked up so you spray all the anaconda with ldf (like we all do), fine, then do your test.
Is that OK?

b) Ditto, but you open the ecv slowly enough to go just to 20mbar. Then you don't have to spray the pipes, right?

A. You can finish the test as its downstream your testing but if the reg has locked up you cannot touch it, call supplier.

B.Anytime you use ECV the pipes get sprayed

Your meant to spray the anaconda after the test with the ecv open because its before the regulator and could be subject to higher pressures.

Is that what you are getting at?

Here is one you will get if you sit your part L . Can you fit a band C boiler under part L rules

Does anyone know the difference between CITB ACS & the BPEC one,speaking to someone on here who said there safety controls were easy & it differed from what I was doing on the CITB acs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back