recently replaced immersion heater now doesn't work!

WDIK";p="941229 said:
Has anyone any idea why it would have tripped?

and multimeters are not safe to use at mains voltages and currents, dont unless you want to blow your hand off.

get the fuk
laughing-019.gif

as for turning the power off you can't test an electric shower with the cover on and the power off.

Sponsored Links
not approved by the eca as a mains suitable tester for very good reasons, you may have a fairly good quality multimeter.
however no disrespect but you i would imagine are a highly skilled plumber, and i wouldnt question your judgement on that subject and i appreciate reading your posts on the subject, plumbing is not one of my subjects,

unvented systems, gas, gas technology commercial gas and even commercial catering are some of my skills.
apart from that i served my time as an electrical fitter, and im quite good at that.

as the holder of a JIB electrotechnical card im obliged to retake the csc section every 5yrs and assure you that multimeters are not considered an approved test device for mains voltages and currents.
they dont have fused leads to start with and if you think of all the carp lying around posing as a test meter bought off the local car boot sale costing a fiver then you will realise that they can and do blow peoples hands off at the best cause severe burns and difigurement.

I wont endorse the use of them as a mains tester.

Clearly the OH trip can have nothing to do with the electricity meter, this is rubbish.
I must have been imagining that old dear who had me back 3 times when her hot water kept going off. Only to find that it was tripping whenever she got the leccy back on after it had ran out. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
not approved by the eca as a mains suitable tester for very good reasons, you may have a fairly good quality multimeter.
ok point taken.

so what is an approved mains tester ?
what make/model etc would you recommend as i like my hands intact.

sooey";p="941336 said:
Has anyone any idea why it would have tripped?

and multimeters are not safe to use at mains voltages and currents, dont unless you want to blow your hand off.

get the ****
laughing-019.gif

as for turning the power off you can't test an electric shower with the cover on and the power off.

Dya wanna show me where I wrote that then. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

who what where? :confused:

a fluke 600 pretty good but a martindale is the standard

all nice and hot now so thanks to those here that helped sort my problem!

As a aside, I asked my missus, did the power go off during the day etc. She said she heard the smoke alarm bleep - normally it does that when theres been a power interruption so maybe it was that...

all nice and hot now so thanks to those here that helped sort my problem!

As a aside, I asked my missus, did the power go off during the day etc. She said she heard the smoke alarm bleep - normally it does that when theres been a power interruption so maybe it was that...

no :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back