immersion not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
with impecable timing, our hot water seems to have packed up. We use the immersion heater 24/7 and now have no hot water.

All fuses ok in the main box, the neon light is lit with the immersion switched on, the cylinders stat is set to 60 but nothing. Fitted a new element about a year ago so I'm assuming its not that. Would the stat be faulty?

Any pointers much appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Is there an overheat button on your immersion that may have popped out?

Yes the stat could be faulty, you would need to test with a multi meter. You could also test the element while you're at it.

A new stat is fairly cheap so I personally would go and buy one and try it. It's a dry pocket anyway.

many thanks Gas4 - I'm an idiot :oops: the element I changed must have been on our last house a couple of years ago - thats the job I recalled so vividly, shame it was in the wrong house!!!!

Anyway, the element was shot (being not recently changed) new one in and as good as new :D

Think I need to get a man in as the divert isn't working on the CH/DHW and for some strange reason, when the hot water is switched on on the boiler control/ timer, the CH doesn't go off when the room stat clicks off and the rads just keep getting hotter and hotter - phew :oops: :oops: Shut the DHW off on the control and the CH works fine!! Doesn't sound like a job for me though.........

Thanks again :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back