recessed cabinet lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, i wish to install some recessed cabinet lights to the underside of my kitchen cabinets can anyone recommend any tat a suitable for this and also is there a way to hide the backs of the lights inside the base of the wall unit?
thanks

Sponsored Links
JCC Link-lite fluorescent strip lights can be fitted tight to the pelmet rail so they can't be seen. Run the cable to the top of the units for wiring (they're mains voltage).

Or buy any of the 20W halogen surface fittings (round or triangle shaped) if you want something decorative, but the fittings aren't normally that good and the lamps often fail.

If you have lots of money, then consider the hideously expensive LED strips which are very concealable.

If you want flush fitting downlights, then I think you'll only be able to do this if you create a void in the base according to the manufacturers' conditions of height-above-the-fitting. Which will be rubbish.

yes i have taylortwocities but wondered if there was a way of concealing the backs of the lights in the cabinets so thought i would ask the experts and those with experience on this site who may have come across this problem

Sponsored Links
Some kind of tube lighting behind a pelmet is going to be the easiest way....

if you keep dishes in the cupboard you could put an upturned soup bowl over the light to conceal it :oops: :LOL:

Some kind of tube lighting behind a pelmet is going to be the easiest way

thnaks ban thats probably the way to go

if you keep dishes in the cupboard you could put an upturned soup bowl over the light to conceal it
:LOL:

LV cold cathode.

Make sure you know what you are doing though - 1000V (or as near as damnit) can give you a nasty surprise :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back