Recession on the way.

extractable oil reserves were far lower

Proven and probable oil reserves were far lower

there was no known oil or gas in the north sea, brazil, canadian mud etc
But they were there waiting for extraction...now most have reached peak!

agricultural production was far lower and spoilage far higher
Absoulutely...but then production now has not outstripped population growth, and not only has much of our land become contaminated (restricting further expansion of crops), but we have the double whammy of increased food expectation form the newly growing economies, and worse climate 'events'..

funnily enough road traffic deaths were far higher too
Funnily enough car design, car materials (including plastics based on oil.. ;) ), road rules, road design, traffic control etc (need I go on) might just have had something to do with reducing this... :LOL:

so where's the evidence?

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Joe-90 wrote:
Carry on making a fool of yourself - and get the thread locked.
Nope, I'll just carry on making a fool of you, quite legitimately and keep the thread open thanks.

Nothing wrong with pointing out that you're posting nonsense :LOL:

MW

Just been reading about Monty Don and how he and his partner made and lost a fortune.

"Monty, the youngest son of a career soldier, and Sarah - whom he met 28 years ago when he was a student at Magdalene College, Cambridge - enjoyed huge success in the early Eighties after setting up a jewellery business.

Their ornate jewel-encrusted pieces were snapped up by stars such as Elton John, Boy George and Princess Diana. With their profits, they built a property empire, but with the economic crash of 1987, the whole edifice came crashing down.

They were so poor there was nothing left for them to eat after the children had been fed. From 1991 to 1993, Monty signed on the dole believing he would never work again. "

This sort of thing will be happening right now to many apparently wealthy people.

Sponsored Links
I'm not wealthy, we've got a house or two but nothing to brag about.

Back