Recession on the way.

1929 World population 1.8billion, and plentiful resources..
Can you substatiate the "plentiful resources" bit? I wonder what world starvation and poverty were like then?

Sponsored Links
1929 World population 1.8billion, and plentiful resources..
Can you substatiate the "plentiful resources" bit? I wonder what world starvation and poverty were like then?
I'm not talking about distribution of wealth/resources, but the amount that was available overall...and hence recovery was able to happen after '29.

This time we have distribution (however unfairly) through globalisation, but the lack of available resources to keep the wheel of growth turning will IMO be more difficult to get over this time!

And also this time a period of boom (worldwide) is unlikely to happen after this recession given the resources are no longer available to feed it!

like I said, can you substantiate it?

we have to beware of the trap of assuming that everything was better in the good old days.

Sponsored Links

we have to beware of the trap of assuming that everything was better in the good old days.
The downturn was no better, but maybe you can tell me what oil reserves were available in '29 compared with 2008?

And what the percentage of goods required oil for production and for distribution in '29 compared with 2008?

And whether there were a few less people scrambling for less resources in '29 compared with 2008?

If you bother to look, then there's your substantiation!

Joe-90 wrote:
Do a google about recession will you?
What a surprise, Joe refers me to his bible.

Well oh simple one, this just highlights the difference between someone who simply googles facts and attempts to post what he finds and someone who actually understands what they have googled.

More often in Western economies recessions do not imply a shrinking economy they simply define a period or repressed growth i.e. growth far slower than expected.

You really are becoming more and more incredible by the day and the more you post googled facts without substance the more I will highlight the point ... Try reading what you google as a good start ... You never know, you may find you actually start to learn something :rolleyes:

Any other subject you wish to be beasted on ... Just let me know :cool:

MW

We had a desert full of oil in them there days John - today we've used it all up, had a party and population explosion - but the party's over.

Joe-90 wrote:
Do a google about recession will you?
What a surprise, Joe refers me to his bible.

Well oh simple one, this just highlights the difference between someone who simply googles facts and attempts to post what he finds and someone who actually understands what they have googled.

More often in Western economies recessions do not imply a shrinking economy they simply define a period or repressed growth i.e. growth far slower than expected.

You really are becoming more and more incredible by the day and the more you post googled facts without substance the more I will highlight the point ... Try reading what you google as a good start ... You never know, you may find you actually start to learn something :rolleyes:

Any other subject you wish to be beasted on ... Just let me know :cool:

MW

That's a technical recession, Generally it means a shrinking economy. I thought the word itself might give you a clue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession

extractable oil reserves were far lower

Proven and probable oil reserves were far lower

there was no known oil or gas in the north sea, brazil, canadian mud etc

agricultural production was far lower and spoilage far higher

funnily enough road traffic deaths were far higher too

so where's the evidence?

Joe-90 Wrote:
That's a technical recession, Generally it means a shrinking economy
and then posted a reference to ... Wait for it ... WIKIPEDIA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Generally it means a period of repressed growth :rolleyes:

This has defined every recession we have suffered to date :cool:

Oh dear, Joe IS having a bad week ... Megawatt 10 ... Joe-90 ... 0

MW

Joe-90 Wrote:
That's a technical recession, Generally it means a shrinking economy
and then posted a reference to ... Wait for it ... WIKIPEDIA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Generally it means a period of repressed growth :rolleyes:

This has defined every recession we have suffered to date :cool:

Oh dear, Joe IS having a bad week ... Megawatt 10 ... Joe-90 ... 0

MW

Worra plonka.

extractable oil reserves were far lower

Proven and probable oil reserves were far lower

there was no known oil or gas in the north sea, brazil, canadian mud etc

agricultural production was far lower and spoilage far higher

funnily enough road traffic deaths were far higher too

so where's the evidence?

Nth sea, Brazil, canada, bass strait, - didn't matter there was SAUDI oil - that was the prize. We just couldn't go wrong once we got it rolling.

Sponsored Links
Back