Recession on the way.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another 1000 jobs lost today (Northern Foods 700, Firstplus 300).

Yet we still allow immigrants into the country to work for the minimum wage because they have every legal right to. Madness.

Sponsored Links
If they have the legal right to, then we can't stop them, madness or not.

No but- "There'll be trubble at mill lad."

Sponsored Links
Another 1000 jobs lost today (Northern Foods 700, Firstplus 300).

Yet we still allow immigrants into the country to work for the minimum wage because they have every legal right to. Madness.

but they only origanlly came as slaves.

persimmons announced up to a 1000 peeps on their way out too today.

not looking good.

ever thought of the samaritans Joe? they could probably help you with all your depressing thoughts :rolleyes:

The problem is mate - I'm right.

Does anyone remember that News at Ten thing in the mid 80's where every redundancy was marked on a UK chart with a pulsating circle? It did look quite bleak.

Anyway, with the redundancy and credit crunch, we can expect more time for DIY and an influx onto this site! Whoo-hoo

We may need a few more forums to cover the essentials of living

The Good-life forum
"How do I grow my own packets of potatoes?"

The Primark forum
How do I sew all my old clothes together to make a winter cardigan?"

The Edison forum
How do I live without electricity?"

ever thought of the samaritans Joe? they could probably help you with all your depressing thoughts :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I just got a new job today, so Joe, stick that in your miserable pipe an' smoke it.Jeez, it's people like you that cause recessions.

Caller: "Hello ... Is that the Samaritans?"

Samaritan: "Yes, what seems to be the problem?"

Caller: "I don't think I can go on living, there's no meaning to my life ... I'm crippled with debt, can't afford to run my car and my home is about to be repossessed"

Samaritan: "You don't know how lucky you are mate ... Things are only going to get worse, there's no more oil and demand exceeds supply so only the filthy rich will be able to afford a car ... Are you filthy rich?"

Caller: "Errrmmmm ... No"

Samaritan: "Okay so you're a pedestrian, at least you won't get caught for speeding and given a fine you can't afford to pay ... And you're far better off without at house as you won't be able to afford the fuel bills because (did I mention) that oil is running out and we can't use any other form of fuel and there is no chance EVER of a replacement"

Caller: "Really?"

Samaritan: "Oh yes, believe me mate I know best ... I'm expert at Google ... You wouldn't be an immigrant as well would you?"

Click

Samaritan: "Hello?"

Samaritan: "Hello?"

Samaritan: "There's no pleasing some people"

MW

I haven't been so busy for years.....................I'm a bailiff! Loadsa Loadsa Money!!! Kerching!!! :LOL:

Stock Markets are falling right across the globe today and yesterday. If it continues, that private pension of yours will be all but useless.

Sponsored Links
Back