Recirculating cooker hood - urgent advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I would really appreciate some advice. I have just had a new kitchen fitted and it's all looking great. The last thing that needs doing is the canopy extractor hood (DHL575CGB). I live in a block of flats, so extracting to the outside isn't really possible. I therefore bought the recirculation kit (DHZ5605). The people fitting this have said it will have to be recirculated into the loft. The reason being that my kitchen cabinets go all the way to the ceiling, so there is no space above the units for it to be recirculated to. I have heard that extracting to the loft is a bad idea. Would this still be the case when it is through the recirculation kit? I've searched online but can't find anyone with the same problem, which really surprises me as I thought it would be quite common! Everything in the kitchen is electric in case that is relevant.

I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me a) if it will be ok for it to go into the loft and b)if not, what is the solution? I have to let the kitchen fitters know by tomorrow!

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
it will be sucking the steam away from your cooking pans, so blowing it into the loft is very undesirable, as it may cause condensation, mould and damp. It will also carry cooking smells.

If you can link to some pictures someone may have another suggestion. If it is your own loft you could run a duct to the eaves or a wall to the outside air.

Unfortunately a recirculating hood serves no useful purpose.

This one?
http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/product...hoods/canopy-cooker-hoods/DHL575CGB.html#tab4

What numbskull designed the kitchen?

2016-05-15 13.41.48.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-05-15 13.41.52.jpg
    2016-05-15 13.41.52.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 2016-05-15 13.42.04.jpg
    2016-05-15 13.42.04.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 325
Thanks for your response. I've uploaded three photos. The first shows the cooker and extractor hood, the second shows how there is no room between the cabinets and the ceiling. In the third, the wall at the end on the left, is where the bathroom fan extracts to, in case there's an option for extracting it there?

Sponsored Links
The other option they said they could do, but didn't recommend, was just to end the recirculation in the cupboard?

stand back and show us a wider shot please.

Where is the nearest external wall?

I can't take it to an outside wall as the flat is leasehold and I'd have to get all kinds of permissions to make a hole in it. Is it possible to take it to the place where the bathroom fan extracts to? I don't know what it's called! I'll try and take a wider photo but it's limited by my kitchen door I'm afraid.

I want to see inside all the top boxes (open please) with the ceiling in shot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back