recladding outhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of recladding our outhouse as the timber has shrunk so much that rain blows in through the gaps. It`s clad with verticle tongue and groove boards aprox 110mm wide by 15mm thick. Each board has chamfered edges, so the effect is a V between board joints.
The house (and the outhouse) was built over 40 years ago so the timber must have shrunk a lot over the years. The tongues have come right out of the grooves in places, leaving gaps for the rain to blow in.
I don`t know where I could get similar cladding to this, any ideas?

I was thinking of recladding it in PVCu boards to avoid any shrinkage or rot, but after reading opinions about PVCu on this forum, I might be better sticking with timber.

The outhouse is 8ft x 5ft x 7ft 6in high with a flat roof.

Sponsored Links
tgv boarding can be purchased at any good timber merchants,
or maybe think about shiplap timber cladding.

building a shed with vertical boards is a bad idea, to be weatherproof they must be horizontal

I know building a shed with vertical boards is a bad idea, but I am replacing existing vertical boards.

Sponsored Links
are the boards still in a reasonable condition, so you can re-use them

take them off, clean them and then put them back on. it will safe you a lot of money

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back