recomendation on cameras.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK me again, the search function has decided not to load now. Im also after 4 cctv camera. all with infrared leds please. i would prefer the dome looking type but may be able to use other types. the ones on front of house only need small illumination, the back will be looking over approx 10m but i may add a security light later on. I have bought various cameras for old old house and got a good combination with some trial and error. although many cameras i was very disspointed with. Most were ebay speacials tho! So i got a budget of about £300 for the 4 cameras, pics will be taken on a dvr.

Does anyone have any recommendations on cameras or places to buy as i want to try and get this right first time. I would be interested in camera available with different lenses or even adjustable ones. Thanks Merry Christmas Steve

Sponsored Links
I think your budget is not enough for a camera with removable lens (so you can change the lens) Most of this type of camera are just that, a camera, no housing, no IR ilumination, that said they are 1/2 inch ccd (very good for low light)

Not bought any for years, i just googled first one up is over £100 for one, and you want 4

not so much a removable lense, just an adjustable one, say 3-9mm, there does seem to be alot at the various cctv sites mentioned on here that fit the bill, but just hoped someone might have recently purchase similar and be able to advice on the best for the money. looks like i may have to try abit of trial and error. thanks

....... just an adjustable one, say 3-9mm, there does seem to be alot at the various cctv sites mentioned on here that fit the bill,

show me one then. ( i just havent looked that close and since you have..........)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, i might get me one of those, better than what i have. but you see what i mean about cost. cable camera and powersupply makes them £100 each (but worth it though)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back