recomendations for wired alarm with dialer

bmx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, looking to fit an alarm system to my house, would like a wired system with 4 pir and a dialer. all the ones i can find with a dialer sem to be wireless and i dont want the hastle of changing batteries. thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
You have two choices.

You can either buy an alarm panel and auto dialler seperatly and connect them together yourself, or get a panel with a built in modem, but these only tend to be available on commercial type panels which are more expensive and alot harder to setup.

Would something like this be any good?

http://www.brewtime.co.uk/product-detail.asp?d=578

The panel I have recommended is not the most basic on the market, but it is a good price, and not too complicated to setup for a novice.
The instructions supplied are very clear and detailed.

I have installed Texecom gear for years, and have had virtually no problems with it.

Also if you want to pay a bit extra you can upgrade to a rather attractive flush mounted keypad too! (They do a chrome and brass one too!)

IMGP1482.jpg

This one is actually from a Texecom Premier system, but they are almost identicle to the excel ones for the panel above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back