Recommend 3 way retractive switch

Sponsored Links
So three position is dimmed, off, full I take it, so two inputs one dimmed and one not and one output, can't see a problem, it is really good when some one says three way and they mean three way.

However retractive means as soon as you remove finger it returns to off, centre position, so to use the switch you would need latching relays, can't really see why you would want a reactive switch?

As @oldbutnotdead has said what are you trying to do, can't see how that switch gives smart control? With smart switches the method of using two or more switches changes.
upload_2021-4-19_10-7-29.png
Note how the slave (centre wire on switch) links, in this case simple on/off but same is true with dimming switches, the problem is lack of neutral at the switch, so there is both a minimum and maximum load and also a limit as to types of bulb, they need to be large dimmable to have the let through current required to work switch when off, the switches shown have a minimum of 5 watt bulbs, note not a total of 5 watt, but each bulb needs to be 5 watt or more.

To be frank I had smart light switches in 5 rooms, and now reduced to 3 rooms because of problems with switching having a life of their own, 3 work A1, 5 did not. So yes the idea of three position switch so the smart switch can be taken out of circuit has some good points but the retractive switch
upload_2021-4-19_10-18-53.png
does not seem the right one.

Sponsored Links
You can on/off and dim with one retractive switch?
Click for on off. Press and hold dims up. Do it again to dim down.

Fitting a Shelly dimmer behind the switches so I have smart control and also want switch control so dimming and on/off at switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back