Replacing Module Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

I currently have a module grid switch in my kitchen feeding four appliances; a fridge, dishwasher, fan, and hob.
Each of the four individual switches is rated to 20AMP.
The feed from each switch terminates at a single switched plug socket under the worktop.
I would like to update the switch to a modern version, i.e the click range from Scolmore.
On their website they manufacture both a 10AX and 20AX switch. The 20AX switch is double the size and only allows three switches to be fitted into the plate (I need four).

The 10AX switch version will allow me to fit 6 switches (I can blank off two).

Do I have to use a 20AX or 10AX switch? Scolmore sell both a 10AX and 20AX with appliances names written on them. I assume the 20AX would be if you were running more than one oven?

Can someone advise please?

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
The Scolmore MDO18 series switches claim to be 10AX and also 13A resistive. Theoretically suitable for appliances connected to a 13A socket.
You don't need to blank anything off either - faceplates are available with 4 spaces.

Presumably the hob is a gas one and the power is for the ignition only.
The fan will be 1 or 2 A at most.
Fridge will be a lot less than 10A.
The dishwasher might be near / at 13A but most of that will be the heating element (resistive load).

Therefore you should be able to use those 10AX / 13A resistive type switches.

Thanks flameport.
The dishwasher is 2200W so under 10amps.
You are correct regarding the hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back