Recommend a Nail Gun

What size batteries does this take?
You may mock. But after it all kicks off with Russia and China, there will be high demand for items made from pallets .... or any bits of shattered timber, and there will be no charging points.

Sponsored Links
You may mock. But after it all kicks off with Russia and China, there will be high demand for items made from pallets ....
I take it that you've cornered the market then? Better make sure that Chep doesn't find out...

I'm just finishing a (if I may be so bold) lovely platform trolley made from a pallet and the back of an old chair! Fold down handle and two shelves too!

Push pinned, hand drilled and screwed and linseed oiled. A nice little relaxing project last week in the garden in the sun.

There will be an all terrain version for negotiating the apocalyptic landscape.

Pallet wood is actually very soft, so control is better than power.

I nearly fell for the YouTube glamour of "thack, thack, thack, look how quick and easy this is" but just went for a push pin and hammer. It really is not much quicker or easier for a small number of projects or limited use - especially when having to deal with stuck brads.

I have come across situations where a nail and hammer would have made the lob a lot more difficult, eg when pinning something to something thinner and slightly flimsy. The nail gun drives the pin in so quickly that you don't experience bounce.

I agree that stuck brads are a PITA but I have only ever experienced them when using pin/staplers.

Sponsored Links
I have come across situations where a nail and hammer would have made the lob a lot more difficult, eg when pinning something to something thinner and slightly flimsy. The nail gun drives the pin in so quickly that you don't experience bounce.

I agree that stuck brads are a PITA but I have only ever experienced them when using pin/staplers.
Yeah I get that with first fixing, trying to stop one timber bouncing while hitting the nail several times when the gun would be so much easier. I think I rarely use a hammer now for first fixing.

But it's all down to usage. 20 brads every quarter wouldn't warrant even the cheapest gun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back