Recommend a PIR for outside lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
After having my car rifled through on the driveway (it was unlocked) I need to fit some security lights.

Can anyone recommend a good PIR? Are the Steinel IS1 OK? I'm looking for about 5m of range. I will be wiring it into a smart switch so it can alert me to motion and I can automate turning on the kitchen and porch lights.

I would also like some lights on the fence posts, I'm wondering if LED bulkheads can be run on low voltage? The Screwfix ones seem to covert to 50vdc inside the unit and could probably run on less as the LEDs seem in series... What would be considered low voltage for external wiring?

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Steinel are a decent brand.

Security lights rarely improve security.

Low voltage can be up to 1000 volts AC.

It might have made it so I could see them on the camera better....currently the streetlights turn off at midnight ish!. I can also have the PIR turn on the kitchen and porch lights which may startle them?
What voltage would be safe to run cables that are not in containment down the fence posts?

Steinel are a decent brand.

Security lights rarely improve security.

Low voltage can be up to 1000 volts AC.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back