Recommend a pole pruner please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

For a few years now I've been struggling at garden cutting-back time with a combination of using this sort of thing:

and hiring a 'man in a van', I thought it was time I got something that I could use to do the job myself. There's only one tree that's too much for me to sort out without some sort of power tool, so I don't want to spend a huge amount for something that I'm only going to need one or two days a year.

Not having any experience with anything petrol-driven, I'd rather get something electric - I have fairly light use in mind, so this shouldn't be an issue.

I don't want cordless because the tree is quite close to the house, so cable won't be a problem and I like just being able to plug in and go instead of having to faff about charging up batteries.

With these requirements in mind, I think I'm looking at something like this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/ryobi-rpp720-20cm-720w-electric-pole-pruner-2-7m/73027?_requestid=180271

Does anyone have any advice or alternatives?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back