Recommend me a boiler please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Believe it or not my boiler has packed in this morning and i have a 20 month old daughter
So i need to get it fixed or replaced ASAP but i don’t have any money so i need one as cheap as possible so can someone recommend me a boiler and where to get it from in the Wigan area

Sponsored Links
What make and model is the present boiler? What is not happening i.e. is it totally dead, do you hear any noises coming from the boiler etc.

Your post says nothing about the boiler, only what your predicament is.

Sorry mate it’s a vokera linea 24 that has had a number of problems over the last few years
But recently it’s started over heating in the middle of the night
It’s started leaking from the bypass valve
It says it has insufficient water pressure when its ok . sorted this by taping switch up
The burner only runs on low and wont heat more than a trickle of water
Expansion vessel went so i fitted one under the end of the bath along with a new filling loop as the one on the boiler is jammed
When it did work it heated the radiators while running hot water
Now its says error code 1 and just wont ignite the burner no matter how many times i try and reset it

What you need is someone to come and service the boiler. See nothing wrong with what you have. I do not think you need a new boiler.

Some of the problems you mention are due to lack of proper service and maintainance

Sponsored Links
we have had it 10 years and have never had it serviced
can you recommend anyone in my area who i can trust

No wonder. 10 years of neglect is no doubt now giving you a sore head.

Manual says once a year is service interval. I would say a must after 2 years. A service person who knows how boilers work, will no doubt be able to fix the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back