Recommend me a boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your comments so far. The Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 NG looks like it would suit my needs easily plus a bit left over if thing's change. Do you think that could be fitted within my budget (1500ish) ?

Any recommendations for supplier ?

Thanks again all.

Sponsored Links
clf-gas said:
831= £761.07
standard flue = £48.31
VRT360F RF = £79.54

plus vat :eek:

£1044.57 inc vat.

So go on, what do you guys normally charge to install something like this ? It's fitted in a cupboard (plenty of room for it and to work in) so i don't care where the pipes go or what it looks like etc.

How long should it take to fit do you think ?

For a straight simple combi swap, powerflush etc. upgrade controls, trv's I would supply and fit at around £1750 + VAT

gas4you said:
For a straight simple combi swap, powerflush etc. upgrade controls, trv's I would supply and fit at around £1750 + VAT

:eek: £900 to fit ? How long does it take ?

Is there some donkey work involved that i can do myself to lower costs ?

Powerflush is expensive and don't forget we have to warrant them for 2 years and make a profit on top of a weekly wage :rolleyes:

jwk said:
clf-gas said:
831= £761.07
standard flue = £48.31
VRT360F RF = £79.54

plus vat :eek:

£1044.57 inc vat.

So go on, what do you guys normally charge to install something like this ? It's fitted in a cupboard (plenty of room for it and to work in) so i don't care where the pipes go or what it looks like etc.

How long should it take to fit do you think ?

For the above Kit, cleaning of system and up grading to current standards plus materials.......about £2000.

Or you could go for the Biasi riva @ around £450 and again clean and upgrade approxs £1500 (good boilers though under rated by some :eek:

As i said before the guy is on a budget.... so lower end budget boiler req.

Those of you have not put what you are paying lets put it this way you must be getting approx 40% of list price from plumbcentre before vat. to match price you are implying ,sounds far 2 much

namsag said:

Those of you have not put what you are paying lets put it this way you must be getting approx 40% of list price from plumbcentre before vat. to match price you are implying ,sounds far 2 much

Within his budget Namsag ;)

namsag said:

If you visit my internet shop (link in previous reply) you will see what I am selling to public for and I'm making a profit out of that. Other sites are offering the same at far less, god knows how, I thought I was pretty competitive :eek:

Maybe i need to save for a while :cry: I can manage all the time we don't need heating and i really want something reliable, the old boiler was costing me £40 every 2 or 3 months to be cleaned, then a nice £300 before it leaked all over itself and went pop.

All i want is a reliable system, if it means saving for a while i guess i'll have to do that.

Is there a general consensus on lead times these days ? assuming an averagely busy engineer, what's delivery for these things like etc ?

Delivery is usually 3-4 working days from an internet shop. next day for an installer to pick up.

My installation lead times are approx 6 weeks at present, don't know what they are like in your area though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back