Recommend Me A Combi Please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We currently have a Worcester Bosch 24i Greenstar Junior which was installed 2008 by British Gas. Given a number of mystery issues & repairs losing hot water etc, I've decided to bite the bullet and get a new one.

Does anybody have any recommendations to what might be suitable? I did try to have a look up of decent makes, but there is not too much independent information out there. I also don't want to just end up with whatever my plumber gets the best margin on.

All radiators are 'doubles', and either 60-70cm tall. Downstairs there is a 600mm below the window at the front, a 1200mm opposite the stairs, and a 700mm by the back doors.

Upstairs 700mm in master bedroom, 500mm in nursery and approx 100mm tall towel rail in the bathroom (which is where the combi is).

Ideally I'd have something that could cope with a radiator at the loft at some point (if I go down that route).

Ground_zps7d881299.jpg

First_zps9725cb63.jpg

Sponsored Links
Intergas Combi Compact HRE 24/18 if you're happy with your current hot water flow rate, or a bigger model if you want more hot water (assuming your water main can keep up)

Get yourself down to B&Q. Heatline Monza 24 with flue & clock 380 bangers. Ensure your system water is as clean as Nuns Knickers & get a Gas Safe installer to clean your system, fit the new boiler & commission it properly.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Slightly confused by the last comment o_O

Any further recommendations?

The Intergas warranty seems to be 3yrs on parts only. How does this compare with others? Can't remember what the last guy suggested to us, but sure that had 7yrs on it (which seems a lot more reasonable).

Intergas warranty is seven years when fitted by a Platinum 5 Installer

Last edited:
As a lot of people on here swear by them, myself included, I can't determine who you are referring to as the "Resident Chav", but I can confirm that they are indeed very good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back