Recommend me a good monobloc kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a good quality tap to replace my dripping Franke Zurich. May have gone for another Franke but the problem with them is that they're so damn heavy, and although they do a tap brace I don't think it would fit in my arrangement.

Are there any good manufacturers of taps that don't weigh a tonne? None of this Cooke and Lewis cheap tat! Problem is I guess manufacturers think weight links to quality. Bristan no good as read too much about the risks of their easyfit system.

Also what's happened to copper tails? These seem to have all but disappeared now and all taps come with flexis.

Sponsored Links
Looking for a good quality tap to replace my dripping Franke Zurich. May have gone for another Franke but the problem with them is that they're so damn heavy, and although they do a tap brace I don't think it would fit in my arrangement.

Are there any good manufacturers of taps that don't weigh a tonne? None of this Cooke and Lewis cheap tat! Problem is I guess manufacturers think weight links to quality. Bristan no good as read too much about the risks of their easyfit system.

Also what's happened to copper tails? These seem to have all but disappeared now and all taps come with flexis.
Quality gone the same way as please and thankyou..no one gives a fek anymore

Franke are great quality. You're not going to get something which is both lightweight and decent. Franke Moselle is my tap of choice

What's wrong with your existing tap?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Bristans gear.

It's only a problem if it's not fitted correctly, like most things.

Sponsored Links
Franke are great quality. You're not going to get something which is both lightweight and decent. Franke Moselle is my tap of choice

What's wrong with your existing tap?

Dripping. I know the valves can be replaced but might as well go for new. It's never been a great tap anyway. I also find the Franke necks stiffen very quickly, and again although you can remove and regrease the o rings periodically, you shouldn't have to.

As for the Bristans, those grub screws holding the easyfit in look rather pony.

Thanks for the replies ;)

Interesting. Can't think why they'd stiffen like that. I've fitted about 20 Franke Moselle taps for my customers, my parents have two and I have one. Never had a complaint about a stiff neck, or any other issue for that matter. Some are in quite hard water areas as well. Maybe the cleaning agent you're using on them is degrading the rubber seal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back