Need kitchen monobloc tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mate's monobloc kitchen tap is dripping and it's past its best anyway (metal flaking off) so we're going to get a replacement.

Any hints/tips on what to look out for. Is Deva a good make? Is it worth paying more for one?

I'm looking in toolstation and there seems to be different types, some mention flexi tail connections, some don't. I'm sure he's just got the copper pipe going into the existing monobloc at the moment. Also some taps include tap tails.

Sponsored Links
alfie the flexi tails are handy for altering positions, no soldering etc.
make sure they go onto a 15mm pipe or isolation valve. if they dont buy two 1/2 inch to 15mm compression fittings

Are you saying the pipework will be 15mm but the flexi tails or copper tap tails will be 1/2"?

the pipework will be 15mm, the connections on the flexi tails will not/ might not connect directly onto the 15 mm pipework so a fitting may be required to do this.if there is an isolation valve fitted on the pipework and it is close enough the flexi may connect onto this isolation fitting

Sponsored Links
Deva, good make, Bristan and Pegler, too.
They were the three makes I was looking at (bear in mind I had the choice of dozens of brands at my fingertips, being a counterboy) when looking to replace my kitchen and basin taps with mixers.

Went with Deva for both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back