Recommendation for simple, reliable control panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

Years ago I installed an alarm at home using a Racal Rascal control panel. It was too clever for its own good and not very reliable (microprocessors don't like thunderstorms). I replaced it with a Logic 4 - brilliantly simple and totally reliable, until now.

The power supply has developed a fault and although I could spend time repairing it I think I'd rather fit a new unit for the sake of reliability. The problem is - which one? I don't need more than 4 zones plus PA and I'd rather have a key than a keyfob (bulky, more tech to go wrong).

Can anyone suggest a simple key-operated box please?

Mike

Sponsored Links
I don't think you'll get a key operated alarm these days.

Your choices are either a panel operated by a key fob or I think you can wire a standard key switch into a texecom veritas panel IIRC.

Yes you can wire a key switch into a texecom veritas panel which will allow you to set / unset the system, but you're still going to need a keypad to programme the system and for things like resetting it in the event of a tamper alarm or PA activation, so you might be best just learning a 4 digit code TBH.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back