Recommendations/advice for basic CCTV install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following some recent issues we've experienced I would like to install CCTV to monitor the street outside my house where I park my car.

I live in a typical Victorian "2 up 2 down" facing directly onto the street.

My first question is whether there are any legal issues, as the area I want to monitor is public highway/footpath?

I would ideally like the camera to be covert or at least unobtrusive, - not sure if there are any available which are concealed in an alarm bell box, or something similar that you might expect to see on the outside wall of a house?

I don't really have a budget as such, would really appreciate your thoughts/ideas/advice.

Sponsored Links
Would look at the Ring camera system. A great product for domestic use, Door bells, cameras etc and hook up to your phone very easily.
The customer support is very good as well

Legal issues, look at the ICO wrt to privacy, look at local council for planning.

Police aren't bothered as long as you cant see into your neighbours home pretty much.

Sponsored Links
Legal issues, look at the ICO wrt to privacy, look at local council for planning.

Police aren't bothered as long as you cant see into your neighbours home pretty much.

Ah, cheers - I see there would be a requirement to display signage to inform the public that you're capturing the images. Not what I wanted to hear tbh - was hoping I could film covertly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back