CCTV recommendation needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been asked to look for a CCTV system that fits the current criteria:

Current situation - a factory that has an old system (8ch dvr) with 8 low quality cameras. Wired using BNC.

His requirements - a 16ch dvr. He wants to keep his own cameras and add another 4 more. He wants to connect the DVR to a big TV/monitor. He also wants one of the cameras to be constantly displayed on a single monitor but also displaying the 12 cameras on the big monitor.

My suggestion is to go with a HD TVI and combine old with new (HD quality). My problem is a DVR that will support the single monitor displaying one camera (spot monitor i think its called). Anyone have suggestions of the DVR i should be looking at? Budget is £500 for the DVR. I will source the cameras myself. I dont mind if someone can tell me how to do the spot monitor on a standard HD TVI. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks guys,

Abu

Sponsored Links
The hikvision 7300 series has a bnc out which I think you can use as spot out, or is the single camera a TVI or standard camera ? Two options if it's a TVI camera connect the Cbs out direct to the spot and the TVI out to the recorder ( you will need two cables to the camera) or fit a video splitter if a standard camera

Thanks for the reply sparkymarka,

It will most likely be a TVI camera. I thought the purpose of the Spot out on the DVR was to be able to connect directly to a monitor and specify that spot camera to an existing one out of the 12. Or have i misunderstood the Spot out connection?

Regards,

Sponsored Links
If spot out is available ? With the new 1080 cameras most dvrs only offer vga or hdmi output

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back