cctv problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
got a problem with cctv system, got 4 cameras two of which wireless through transmit kits. The two cameras and two recievers are fed into a 4ch passive balun over cat 5. At the other end three of the 4 feeds from the balun work perfectly on the dvr, however when i plug the other in (one of the wireless cameras) it flickers on the screen and flickers from ch 1 to ch 2 rapidly. If i un fasten the bnc direct from the dvr and put it onto my test monitor it works perfectly. The only other thing to note is that the camera seemed to be in black and white (night mode) when plugged into my test monitor. I have tried another dvr. Any ideas anyone????

Sponsored Links
Try the usual stuff.
Earth faults.
Voltage at supplies and cameras.
Move the cameras around on the balun (s).
Then each camera straight into the DVR on their own with a single balun.
Its there somewhere, why I carry spare baluns and PSU`s.

Two cameras on one wireless channel ?

Without good quality channel sharing equipment the signals from the two cameras are bound to interfere with each other.

Would you expect two cameras sharing the same length of cable to work perfectly independently of each other ? Likewise two cameras cannot share the same radio channel.

Sponsored Links
sorry no the two cameras each have there own transmitters and each have there own recieveres each reciever has its own rg59 feeding its own channel on the balun, never had this problem but im gonna look at the supply

What radio frequencies are the two transmitters transmitting one ?

If they are both on the same frequency then the two receivers will both pick up signals from both transmitters. The pictures will be mixed.

What radio frequencies are the two transmitters transmitting one ?

If they are both on the same frequency then the two receivers will both pick up signals from both transmitters. The pictures will be mixed.

Agreed
Although I would have thought the jumpers would have been reset as they all come out as dip 1 settings, Think you may have got this in one Bernard.

"We do.

Although we do use duolinks"

Also agreed, one cable two cameras.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back