Recommended Combi, Intergas/Vaillant/Atag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Looking for a new Combi to replace an old gravity system.
Really interested in the Intergas Combi 36/30, tells me it delivers 15lm (cold flow rate dependent)
Just wondering whether I'd get better hot water performance from another brand like Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 or maybe a WB 38cdi classic (obviously I should with this)? Or maybe the Atag, I really like the idea of the simplicity of the Intergas but I worry about the Hot Water flow rate, any views would be great please.
My mains pressure in Stevenage, Herts seems very good, around 16+LM I'd guess.
Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
The Atag A325ec is more efficient for hot water.

If appearances aren't important then go for that.

The intergas is lovely and simple but I Stevenage the scale in the water will need management, at the very least careful configuring of the heating, ideally some firm of chemical water treatment.

Without more details on your house the exact output is largely irrelevant. I mentioned the specific Atag because of the flow great recovery system that I wish they would include in their lower output models.

Hi Dan

Its a 3 bed semi with 1 bathroom currently. But will have loft done eventually with ensuite and a downstairs WC. I work in the bathroom industry so I require a good flow rate for my shower goodies.
I'm thinking of sticking a combimate inline to the combi and something like a magnaclean on for the CH
Do you feel the Intergas will deliver the same HW flow rate as the Atag, I love the simplicity of it tbh
I guess you know the area then by knowing how hard the water is?
Thanks
Steve

• Thanks
Reactions: Kjy
Sponsored Links
Yes and no.

No combi with the exception of storage combis will run 2 showers at once. As you only have 16l/min then I would say appearances were more relevant at this stage. Is the boiler going in the airing cupboard?

The gas run will also need consideration. Unless the meter is next to the new boiler location.

Intergas and Atag are our 2 first choice boilers. Vaillant next.

Like I said though scale is a major consideration with Intergas in your area.

I want it in the loft out of the way

Gas Meter is understairs, can run straight up outside wall and in. Or discuss with RGI about chasing into floor in iron and then running straight up alongside mains water, one bend up wall.

I don't ever envisage having 2 showers going at once, being realistic I'd be happy with 15lm output its just whether the Intergas can deliver, the Atag is a jump in price what does it really give you over the Intergas? Are you saying the pipework inside the exchanger can get blocked from limescale on the Intergas, would something like a Combimate help with h that. Thanks

Just remember that no one stocks parts for Intergas or Atag, only a very few installers will want to touch them and the backups pretty poor. And don't believe the marketing...all boilers break down at some stage.

For me it would be Vaillant or the Worcester CDi classic. Parts easily available, plenty of knowledge out there and superior manufacturer backup.

Do you think that's partly because their aren't many parts to go wrong and also because their aren't many out there?

A bit of both, but I've been working with intergas boilers for 8 years and know how reliable they are.

Atag are pretty efficient when it comes to warranty calls. Again not that I've had to worry much.

The Atag is super efficient in hot water mode.

Give the number in my profile a ring (office hours 8:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday), we don't charge for estimates.

Next appointment at the moment is 22nd April in the afternoon.

I've seen the new Intergas HReco 36 is available to order, looks very efficient but still with the simplicity of the original 36/30?
Anyone encountered it yet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back