Recommended drill bit set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ciao folks

412553228.jpg

I have the excellent Makita BHP453 LXT which has been, and continues to be, a great workhorse for me the last couple of years and I've decided to be done with the odd loose bits accumulated over the years and treat myself to a new set to include wood, steel and masonry bits.

Question is what to go for as I can't tell good from bad. The obvious starting point might be to consider a Makita set.

I dunno.....would be grateful for any suggestions please?
Possibly something like Makita D-36980.

Sponsored Links
In reality those sets you linked too are fine for the average diyer as long as you stick to makita, bosch etc.
Dormer, heller etc make very good drill bits for heavier use if you want to spend the money but even with those the quality seems to have gone downhill the last couple of years.

Appreciate the feedback.

After a fair amount of research and taking into consideration that most of the drilling I do is into walls and ceilings of varying materials I decided to initially get a set of these Bosch multi-construction bits.

I'll purchase the odd quality bits for other purposes as and when required.
Thanks
Prophet

Sponsored Links
Appreciate the feedback.

After a fair amount of research and taking into consideration that most of the drilling I do is into walls and ceilings of varying materials I decided to initially get a set of these Bosch multi-construction bits.

I'll purchase the odd quality bits for other purposes as and when required.
Thanks
Prophet
That is a much more sensible approach. You might want to pick up a 7mm as well for brown plugs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back