Recommended UPVC Frames / Windows - Pitfalls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Im getting prices together for new UPVC Frames for the front of a 1930s semi (two large bay windows and a smaller window) - we are hoping to go triple glazed to limit traffic noise in the front of house.
Our present windows are very old and most if not all the panes are misted up on the inside so they definitely need new.

Ive done a bit of research on frames - the only ones ive come across so far locally are Veka, Duraflex and Swish (those are new to me). Any opinions on these - Im still looking around for other options too. Any info would be great really.

I havent looked at glass at all to be honest

Ive yet to see any windows in the show rooms so that is probably the next step to see what they look and feel like.

Also as these are heavy windows Ive seen some horror storys on line of bays coming away from the house after new windows have been fitted. What should I look for to prevent and insure against this. Are there any standards or insurance cover that the installers should have?? I have my own buildings cover of course

Thanks for any advice - its a big purchase and want to be informed as much as possible before we commit.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Anyone Fensa registered has to have insurances and give backed up guarantees.
Those are all big brand makes. To be honest you cant go wrong with the make its all in the fitting! A crap window fitted well is better than a great window fitted crap.

Ask around for recommendations. Try to go with a local company.
Have a look up and down your street to see who has the nicest looking windows and ask if the owners would recommend the company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back