recording from SD card onto CCTV cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again

I have now 2 working "I Cameras" modal number "IPC- HF8232FN" connected to a TV via the coax to phono ports
The cameras have an SD slot on them and I inset the card and nothing happens! There is no menu on the TV screen, there is no record button on the cameras. So how do you record with it?

I took the SD card out plugged it into PC and a folder with 2 .db files appeared but no video file!

I have looked up this camera on the internet and found very little info on this SD port

Anyone come across a CCTV camera with an SD card port before?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The SD Card maybe needs to be set up to record. You might need to connect to the camera via it's LAN port, and use the manufacturers software to configure it.

The SD Card maybe needs to be set up to record. You might need to connect to the camera via it's LAN port, and use the manufacturers software to configure it.
So you mean set the card up though the cameras software (where ever I will find that). But I am guessing that by the LAN port you are refering to is the ethernet port which will plug into an internet card of a PC or a wireless router

I have no knowledge of those specific cameras, but if they behave like most other IP cameras or for that matter, like most other IP controlled devices then the procedure will be something like...

1. Ensure the device is returned to factory default settings. This usually involves holding down a tiny reset button using a pin or similar for a certain period of time. Some devices require you to hold the button down before turning on the power and continue to hold for several seconds afterwards. This can be fiddly.

2, Connect the device to your router. Generally, connecting directly to a PC won't work unless you know the default IP address of the device. Most devices use dynamic addressing (DHCP) in their default mode anyway, and rely on the router to assign an IP address to them.

3. Log on to your router, and check the connected devices list to find the IP address that has been assigned to the device.

4. Browse to the address you have discovered in step 3

5. Log on to the device using the default username and password, often this will be "admin" for both, or else "admin" and "password". You should then have a web page to control the device, much the same way as you would control your router.

I must repeat that those are general instructions for typical IP controlled devices, not every device works that way.

Sponsored Links
Usually the purpose of an SD Card, will be to record specific events, once triggered. The trigger will be some motion within it's view. That relies upon it seeing a scene which is reasonably sharply focused, but as a the OP seems to lack a proper lens for the camera, sharp focus, or any sort of picture seems a long way away.

In my experience, which is admittedly very limited with cameras, the recording function of the SD card can be set in several ways. These are the options on my Hikvision cameras...

Motion triggered, as Harry suggests, which will need a clear image to work, as Harry points out.
Triggered by some external sensor device, which requires a sensor to be physically connected to some auxiliary terminals on the camera.
Scheduled, i.e. record at specific times
Record all the time
Don't record at all

What the default setting might be is anybody's guess.

A further thought on this....

If the OP can work out the IP of the camera, on the LAN, he might find iSpy useful to view the output of the camera. iSpy is free for private use and supports numerous cameras.

I would connect the camera to the router download dahua’s SAPD tool and see if this will see the camera …..more than likely it’s had its password changed and you may have to request an unlock from dahua….

1. Ensure the device is returned to factory default settings. This usually involves holding down a tiny reset button using a pin or similar for a certain period of time. Some devices require you to hold the button down before turning on the power and continue to hold for several seconds afterwards. This can be fiddly.
There is indeed a reset button that I have tried but did not hold it down for as long as you have suggested

2, Connect the device to your router. Generally, connecting directly to a PC won't work unless you know the default IP address of the device. Most devices use dynamic addressing (DHCP) in their default mode anyway, and rely on the router to assign an IP address to them.
Unfortunately the house land line is down and only have a mobile USB dongle for internet. But would that matter right if I still have the routers; infact when I had A landline connection I used to run a cable from the phone socket on the wall to the wireless router, then an ethernet cable from the router to the PC (yes I have an ethernet card (PCI slot) instead of a wireless card)

How do you think I should set it up hear?

3. Log on to your router, and check the connected devices list to find the IP address that has been assigned to the device.
As the router is no longer connected to the telephone line; again how do you want me to proceed?

Any ideas on software?

Usually the purpose of an SD Card, will be to record specific events, once triggered. The trigger will be some motion within it's view. That relies upon it seeing a scene which is reasonably sharply focused, but as a the OP seems to lack a proper lens for the camera, sharp focus, or any sort of picture seems a long way away.
I though the SD card would record every moment of the entire screen while it was inserted. Sorry forget to mention that out of the 6 ish identical cameras I have there are 2 working lens

Who are they? where do you get this program from? I though the cameras where made by "I camera" as stamped on them
I could be mistaken, but I think we may have mentioned Dahua before, maybe just once or twice?? ;)

Indeed yes they do look old, however I recently saw some looking similar to these:
1662497243409.png
A Dahua network camera
probably still ok

1665872722782.png
Don’t use a car charger ….they may be password locked ….

1665872641853.png
Data sheet: https://www.ipcamerasuk.co.uk/pdf/HF5421EP-Datasheet.pdf
It mentions "Video Output 1 channel BNC(1.0Vp-p,75Ω)" But as this is still a current model it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it's 4in1etc multistandard.
I would connect the camera to the router download dahua’s SAPD tool and see if this will see the camera …..more than likely it’s had its password changed and you may have to request an unlock from dahua….
...and from your post:
Screenshot_20221015-232730_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• 1665872946857.png
    1665872946857.png
    438.5 KB · Views: 32
I could be mistaken, but I think we may have mentioned Dahua before, maybe just once or twice?? ;)
No; thats a different camera to the batch that I am testing, though I do have another camera very simular to that one but not done anything with it yet

Edit** Or maybe not! some of the other images do look the same as mine. Did the above poster mention that they have the same cameras with different names printed on them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back