Rectangle hole in block wall

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have to cut out a rectangular hole for ducting to exit an exterior wall. I cannot make use of a circular consaw given the awkward location so need to get the job done without.

have a very effective hammer drill with non rotary hammer function (chisel and pointed chisel). Cold chisel and hammer also. I need to be as delicate as possible (writhing reason) as there is a conservatory roof directly below the hole on the outside and heating pipes close by on the inside....and before you ask it’s the only location for the duct exit.

What’s Best way to go about this?

thinking drilling as many holes as possible with masonry hammer drill around the perimeter Of cut to mimic a continuous cut as closely as possible, and then chisel out the core with hand chisel and demo chisel as tidily as possible

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back