Rectifying mould behind tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found some cracks in our bathroom tile grout behind the bath tap & there's mould behind the few tiles I've removed already.

I've never done any tiling before so am a total novice at this and would value comments/corrections.

My plan so far is to keep removing tiles until there's no more mould, then cut out the backing board behind (plus a bit extra), then replace with new board, then apply adhesive, fit tiles with correct spacers, then grout (I have some Mapei Waterproof Fix & Grout Tile Adhesive), then seal once dry with Vitrex Grout and Tile Sealer.

Anything I've missed? The rest of the tiles seem secure to the wall but do I need to secure the tiles with battens as I go to avoid them all falling off?

TYIA for your help!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have it covered and no need to batten the wall as the suction from the adhesive will do that for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back