Recurring Leak

Muj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I posted on here a few months back in relation to a weird damp patch on the centre of a wall (external chimney running a long it).

As per advice on here, I had a roofer come in, since then I’ve had the flashings changed with new lead, new lead soakers, new back gutters and flaunching on top. It was great for a couple months but now the rains started again new patches have appeared in a different spot. It now is on the same wall but where the wall meets the ceiling.

I have spoken to the roofer who has come out and said he can’t see where the problem is as it’s had everything new (the back gutters were put in new FOC as new lead didn’t resolve the issue). I’m now at a loss as to what to do because this new problem wasn’t here previously, it appeared after the new gutters/flashing were put in. I’m not sure if the roofer - even if he can see the problem - would want to sort it under the 5 year warranty he has given seeing as though he has already fitted back gutters FOC.

The roofer is suggesting I get all the mortar between the bricks taken out and re pointed because apparently it’s very brittle. I can’t see that being the problem purely because there was no water ingress on that part of the ceiling prior to the work commencing.

Any suggestions guys?

I’ve attached a couple pics:

82D3149D-693E-409B-B217-DA289803AC53.jpeg D00A7967-4EF8-4DC9-8C50-4FCDD0BB53B3.jpeg

Sponsored Links
If there are no colours in the strain and no white salts and the damp does not occur and disappear with the period of rain, then it may be related to the flue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back