Recycled Type 1 crushed Hardcore - Asbestos worries. Help.

Sponsored Links
If it makes you feel better. As I am going through an ocd session with Asbestos, I contacted multiple companies with regards to the Vinyl tiles, and all three agreed that out of all asbestos based products, vinyl tiles would be at the bottom. The asbestos fibres are strongly bound together by the material used to form the tile and even when breaking, the asbestos fibres remain intact, and the main risk is if you were to Sand or drill the tiles causing dust. Hoping that’s not what you did? ! But can’t see why you would. So try not to worry too much about that one. Scbk 5G!

I know I've exposed myself twice since moving to an old house, before I knew a few more things. Nothing to worry about, as there is nothing to be done about it!

I very much doubt that there is one single adult in the UK, who has not had some level exposure to asbestos, whether it be incidental, in the home or in the work environment. What matters is the amount of exposure and the luck of the draw.

No one told me when I was blowing the dust out of brake drums of my motorbikes and cars, that it was dangerous. No one raised an eyebrow when I spent all those hours putting cables in power stations and boiler houses. No one worried about the asbestos cement roofing. All the asbestos in switch-gear and fuses.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Harry, I agree, exposure seems to be the main factor here. I have managed to calm myself down considerably since talking to you all and avoiding dangerous websites with all sorts of scare stories.

Like you said, many people have worked unknowingly with it, and are fine many years later. Cheers for being such a great group here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back