Red wine of the day.

Sponsored Links
I do not like wine?

Much prefer beer

Some superb UK beer available.

I have found a lot of very quirky small speciality micro-brewery beer that at least to me floats my boat, and several quite acceptable national producers of Ale, Pale Ale, Porter, Export Etc.

My only question is why do a lot of Commercial so called speciality beer pubs insist on producing and pushing high alcohol beers, 5,6.7.8 + % and even a lot more?

I want taste and try to avoid a hang-over.

A brown+bitter man for many years when I was younger I eventually graduated to lager for many more years.

These days I like drinking Lancaster Bomber, especially draught, but it is so hard to come by. Home & Bargain have sold it bottled a few times but they never seem to have a steady stock of it so I try others like Spitfire, Furzty Ferret and Hobgoblin. All quite nice to just chill out with a bottle after settling down for the night.

Sponsored Links
And if the 'red' is a little chilly - pour into glass and give 7-10 sec burst in micro wave... It does work !
-0-

And if the 'red' is a little chilly - pour into glass and give 7-10 sec burst in micro wave... It does work !
-0-

Now some might pull a face but try that for a minute with a pint. Hot beer may not be the norm nowadays but it is surprisingly nice , and that from someone who tends to prefer beer ( and like others from the micros) than wine.

-0-

Now some might pull a face but try that for a minute with a pint. Hot beer may not be the norm nowadays but it is surprisingly nice , and that from someone who tends to prefer beer ( and like others from the micros) than wine.

I tried hot Polish lager in Poland once. Seems to be on some bar and café menus, so must be popular. I thought I would try some, and imagined it would be like mulled wine, ie sweet and poss spiced. It was just hot beer, and the heating seemed to make it incredibly bitter.

I thought the only way to make it drinkable was to add a spoon of sugar. I now know, but didn't then, that adding sugar to hot beer causes a major, uncontrollable eruption as the beer cascaded over the table flooding it. Can anyone explain why this is?

that adding sugar to hot beer causes a major, uncontrollable eruption as the beer cascaded over the table flooding it. Can anyone explain why this is?
Beer has carbon dioxide gas dissolved in the water. Sugar dissolves in water much easier than carbon dioxide does. So adding sugar means the water dissolves the sugar and forces the carbon dioxide out of solution.

that adding sugar to hot beer causes a major, uncontrollable eruption as the beer cascaded over the table flooding it. Can anyone explain why this is?
Beer has carbon dioxide gas dissolved in the water. Sugar dissolves in water much easier than carbon dioxide does. So adding sugar means the water dissolves the sugar and forces the carbon dioxide out of solution.

Thanks. I knew there would be someone on here who understands these things. Wish I knew that info at the time. It was quite surprising reaction, and I was really surprised quite how much beer was displaced as soon as the sugar was mixed in.

The waitress was quite understanding. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back