Redecorating room with peeling paint

• Thread starter RhysJames2008
  • Start date
R

RhysJames2008

Hello, I would appreciate all help I recieve here.

I am redecorating my bedroom as its in a sorry state and hasn't been touched for over 10 years. I have stripped the wallpaper and taken off polystyrene ceiling tiles only to find that the paint underneath, over the plaster is peeling. Although the paint is peeling, in some places it is not.

I was just wondering whether I need to sand ALL of the old paint off the plaster first and then repaint or if I just sand the worst bits of old paint off and then paint over.

A picture of one of the actual walls can be found at the following URL: http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii151/RhysJames2008/IMAGE_00027.jpg

Best Regards
Rhys

Sponsored Links
Common problem Rhys..

Scrpae of as much as possible, sand the walls down, give them a coat of thinned out stain block to give you a decent base to fill on and then line them with 1000 grade lining paper.

The thinned stain block will also act as a sealer for the paer to make life a bit easier.

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot, Ill give this a try as soon as work permits.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back