Redring Dualheat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a Redring Dualheat unvented boiler.The heating and hot water are heated by electrical elements.A few weeks back the boiler stopped working completly,no heating or hot water.I changed 2 of the 20amp fuses on the PCB and it worked again until yesterday.On inspection I found that 1 of the fuses on the board had blown again.I noticed a very slow,slight drip coming from one of the connections where the element enters the tank and am wondering if the boards fuses are blowing when its becoming wet.When the programmer and stat call for heat,the pump runs but no pipes heat up.I have sealed the leak at the element connection but am wondering if the fuses still blow after this, would I be looking at changing the PCB. Also, I have tried various part suppliers to get a price for a board but nowhere seems to stock them.Does anyone know where parts for this type of boiler can be purchased?

Sponsored Links
Its not clear to me exactly what is leaking and to where.

If the leak is from the element itself then the problem is likely to be a failed element and that will need to be replaced.

If its a failed element carrier to casing joint which is leaking onto the PCB then to blow a 20 amp fuse it would normally be accompanied by some pretty fierce arcing with sparks and flames leaving a scorched burn marks.

The fault will be in the circuit fed by the blown fuse and you should be able to follow that and I expect it will be the element itself.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back