Redring Electric Shower blowing fuse.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, Just wondering if anyone could help. I have a Redring expression 500 electric shower. Its a coulple of years old. Recently, over the past few months,it has fused 30amp fuse twice. I have replaced it and just carried on using. The overheat light may come on for a few seconds sometimes when switched on. I have noticed that the temperature gauge is slowly having to be set to a warmer setting. Know nothing about electrics apart from replacing fuse. any suggestions or is this normal. Shower is never on more than 10 min at a time.

Sponsored Links
Where the hells Tyrone? :confused:

Anyway, its normal to have to set the temperature dial higher this time of year, because the incoming water is colder. By turning the temperature dial up, what you're actually doing is slowing the water down so it spends more time in the heater ;)

I wouldn't think 36 amps would blow a 30 amp fuse within 10 minutes, disinfo. I may be wrong though.

Tyrone is in the north of Ireland and is the current home of the All-Ireland football Champions. we beat kerry in front of 80,000 people in sept. thanks for your reply :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back