Redring Selectronic Poor Flow and Overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone out there can help me with this I have A redring Selectronic.
I can use it once and after I turn it off at the control panel the heater is still working and it overheats.
So it cannot be used for quite a while after It never did this untill quite recently

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have a pcb issue.
i take it the water flow stops but the heat can still heat the water in it ?

Yes that is correct
The heater comes on intermitently when the shower is turned off.
If you try to use it when its locked out you cannot I take it the high temp lock out is preventing this

I only have a Trip in the main fuse bord So no means of switching it off other than trowing the trip also the Water flow is poor.
It does sound like the PCB if that is the case my question is what would that cost and could I fit it myself. I do have a little experiance I was a factory maintanace fitter.

Sponsored Links
To be honest it's not a make of shower i favour and not had much
to do with the selectronic.
Being as this shower has 2 pcb's
the power pcb at about £42 and the main logic pcb at about £142 i'm not
going to take a guess and waste your money.
So i would give redring tech a call 0844 372 7766 and get a 2nd opinion.

If it turns out to be the logic pcb then i would change the complete shower at £142 just for a pcb.

Let us know what they recon. ;)

thanks Seco I will do that and let you Know But if thats the sort of cash they are looking at.
I think its going to get replaced with another

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back