Reduce a door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi newbie here and having a brain freeze.... I have recently purchased a new property that requires a lot of work ( most jobs so far done by professionals, but rapidly running out of funds!). Anyway my question is, I have a door opening through a what used to be an external wall into an extention that was made for disabled access ( door is 1020mm wide), i need to reduce the frame to suit a 762mm door and i am unsure of the best way forward? Do i need to replace the whole door casing or is there a simpler option? Any suggestions will be gratefully recieved..

Sponsored Links
It's probably easier to replace the door casing. It's certainly quicker. Re-using old door casings can be frai=ught - you never know if they'll come out in one piece, and whether or not they'll waro when they do come out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back