Rees Mogg - Grenfell victims who followed Fire Service advice lacked common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The Grenfell inquiry seems like its being done in the wrong order.

The first phase shouldve been investigating the council, builders, building regulations and inspections.

In my mind, the stay put policy was due to the fire service not being aware of the changes to the building -had it met the building regulation standards the advice would have been correct.
Is any system that good it prevents even smoke entering properties and killing people

Sponsored Links
Another factor is education and common sense, which sadly, seems lacking in many nowadays,
Very very good point...On aircraft..people are told to listen to safety demo...Some never do ...Those are the ones ferkin around grabbing bags in evacuations...Keep seat belt on....They do not...Those are the ones bouncing off the ceiling and furniture in turbulence.Differing personalities...sometimes the mavericks survive.sometimes the compliant survive.

Rees Mogg is a cretin. If people follow his advice, more would die. I can just imagine him, in his suit with his son, battling through thick toxic smoke down 20 flights of stairs in the pitch black, saying "come on boy, well walk out of this in no time, ignore the silly firemen!" while quickly succumbing to the fumes and passing out on the 16th floor. ****.

But, you have to remember, everything they do and say, there's a reason. Maybe he is just creating an illusion that it is not the local government's fault, but a failure of both the emergency services and the people in the tower. Or maybe he just knew that by saying it, it would all people would talk about for a few days, and the whole Russian spy in no.10 thing will blow over. Either way, diverts attention from the real problem of a failure of the Tory party to properly govern.

Typical of many today, has not got the gumption to decide for himself. What a bell end.

Make your own decision and reject what experts know. Please don't go to see a dr when you are unwell, Google it and self medicate - thats showing gumption.

Typical of many today, has not got the gumption to decide for himself. What a bell end.

Maybe we should shut down this forum, as asking people for advice is such as weak thing to do. Real men and women don't need to ask for advice! Ignore the experts, go with gut instinct!

Maybe we should shut down this forum, as asking people for advice is such as weak thing to do. Real men and women don't need to ask for advice! Ignore the experts, go with gut instinct!

Yes the irony is lost on him, this forum and countless others like it are asking people with more knowledge and skills in that area for advice.

Yes the irony is lost on him, this forum and countless others like it are asking people with more knowledge and skills in that area for advice.
"Should I just run across this busy main road, or should I use a dedicated crossing area? Please advise me as I can't make my mind up." We are talking common sense here, not areas of expertise where people have qualifications.

Suggested forum changes:

Building > Build it like a man! If it falls down, built it again!

Building Regulations and Planning Permission > Ignore this, just use common sense

Decorating and Painting > It's just painting, get on with it!

Electrics UK > Plug it in and hope

Plastering and Rendering > Slap it on, cover with wallpaper

Plumbing and Central Heating > Just use a hose and push fit

DIY Disasters > (no change required, just add more bandwidth and drive storage space)

We are talking common sense here, not areas of expertise where people have qualifications.

The fire service is not based on "common sense". Most people in an emergency make stupid, irrational decisions, which is why fire drills and health and safety is so important.
Most people do not understand how toxic fumes will affect them, or will remember the way out of the building in the dark. Most buildings are built to withstand fire too - it was arguably the local government's cost cutting, and ignoring building experts, that led to the fire spreading so quickly - so the fire service didn't know how dangerous the building was, until it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back