Rees Mogg - Grenfell victims who followed Fire Service advice lacked common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Should I just run across this busy main road, or should I use a dedicated crossing area? Please advise me as I can't make my mind up." We are talking common sense here, not areas of expertise where people have qualifications.

Fire service are not qualified then.

Sponsored Links
Rees Mogg is a cretin. If people follow his advice, more would die. I can just imagine him, in his suit with his son, battling through thick toxic smoke down 20 flights of stairs in the pitch black, saying "come on boy, well walk out of this in no time, ignore the silly firemen!" while quickly succumbing to the fumes and passing out on the 16th floor. ****.

But, you have to remember, everything they do and say, there's a reason. Maybe he is just creating an illusion that it is not the local government's fault, but a failure of both the emergency services and the people in the tower. Or maybe he just knew that by saying it, it would all people would talk about for a few days, and the whole Russian spy in no.10 thing will blow over. Either way, diverts attention from the real problem of a failure of the Tory party to properly govern.
Maybe he just thought it a bit dumb to sit and watch the fire get worse and not try and help ones self.In emergencys..some sit..some scarper.....Human nature

ah, so Mogg's "common sense" was based on the knowledge that the building had been wrapped in highly flammable material - sounds like he is admitting blame.

Sponsored Links
Maybe he just thought it a bit dumb to sit and watch the fire get worse and not try and help ones self.In emergencys..some sit..some scarper.....Human nature

theres a surprise DP thinks those that perished in Grenfell did so because they were stupid and had no initiative.

I think Mogg argues that his comment was implying with the knowledge we now have, I'm not entirely convinced. I do therefore think that less people will stay put as a result of Grenfell and not anything Mogg says. For the same reason we now have a vaccination gap because some people think they are dangerous and ignore doctors advice.

I think Mogg argues that his comment was implying with the knowledge we now have, I'm not entirely convinced. I do therefore think that less people will stay put as a result of Grenfell and not anything Mogg says. For the same reason we now have a vaccination gap because some people think they are dangerous and ignore doctors advice.

I heard a firefighter saying on the radio in relation to this, that whenever he turns up at a call at a high rise building -as soon as people see the fire engine they start panicking and start to run out -even though it might just be somebody who has burnt the toast.

You would be a sitter then?
Dp has no sympathy with those that died in Grenfell tower, he thinks they were stupid.

Or is he just taking that view because his hero Mogg has let his mask slip and was showing his contempt for Grenfell residents.

Its just yet another example of bovine binary politics - 'he is on my side so whatever he has done, I will make excuses for him'.

Dp has no sympathy with those that died in Grenfell tower, he thinks they were stupid.
I can have sympathy and think them stupid Notch...Not mutually exclusive old boy....Of course I sympathise with any suffering...human and animal

Its just yet another example of bovine binary politics - 'he is on my side so whatever he has done, I will make excuses for him'.
Lol...rich from the remainer clan....you Lal Gal and Johnnyboy brown nosing each other

Some of the people killed were young children. If you're in the flat with just 2 kids, and the fire brigade tell you its OK ,they'll put it out, you're not going to carry one kid and leave the other to fend for themselves, are you?

Boris Johnson closed 10 London fire stations, axed 27 fire engines, and slashed 600 firefighter posts.
Response times have been increasing and 2015-2016 saw a 15% rise in fire deaths compared with the year before.

Tory cuts are killing people in all walks of life. Fires, NHS health, street crime.

But Tories blame the people, again.

I just don't understand how so many people are still so blind to this.

If you're in the flat with just 2 kids, and the fire brigade tell you its OK ,they'll put it out, you're not going to carry one kid and leave the other to fend for themselves, are you?
In that specific circumstance,no possibly not...but life is a bitch sometimes and you have to decide is saving 2 lives better than wasting 3..

I just don't understand how so many people are still so blind to this.

Because people are happy to be fed soundbites and dont dig deeper.

Its a right wing thing......'benefit scroungers', immigrants', 'undemocratic EU, 'take back control'..... etc etc.

Its a very difficult culture to overcome, because challenging these soundbites means discussing detail, facts, nuance - the RWR then just throw in deflection, confusion and lies to avoid scrutiny........Brexit is the biggest example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back