Refilling Central Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help.....

I've just drained the central heating system, which is an open vented fully pumped system, so that I could add inhibitor and boiler noise reduction concentrate to it. However, when I came to refill the system it would not fill up, even though the header tank is full ... I've tried opening all the bleed valves to let any air out, and even opened the drain of tap at the lowest point, but no water flows out or through the system

boiler is a Potterton 30e

Any help gratefully received, the house is freezing!!!

Sponsored Links
No it didn't..

This morning I back fed the system and cleared what I think was either a blockage or air lock between the header tank and the pump.

The problem now is that the boiler wont ignite..!!!

Is there anything I can check or should I call out a plumber to fix the boiler?

does the boiler need resetting ?
are all the controls calling for heat ?

Sponsored Links
Both room and cylinder stats are up, so belive they are calling for theh boiler to start, how do I reset the bolier?

It was working fine up until the system was drained...

underneath the boiler is a hole in the plastic casing put your finger in the hole and push the button up

Found the reset button, hidden underneath the boiler, fingers crossed all is working now as expected...

Thanks for your help, I'll definitely use this forum if I encounter DIY problems in the future.

36_1_11.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back