Refilling combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I know that normally combis should be refilled by flexi hose, but my Worsester 28i junior has a black plastic connector thing between the supply and the central heating system. Is this used in some way to fill up the system or will a hose fit into it? Has anyone come across this before?

My pressure is v low due to draining an upstairs rad and I cant turn the heating on til i find out how to get it back up! :oops:

Sponsored Links
If all else fails connect a hose to a drain off point and back fill ;)

Hi

I have the same boiler, and this charging link is what I use to re-pressurise the system. I wonder if this is what you have too?
http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=accessory.detail&con_id=5052&detail_id=6388

It is at the bottom of the combi system - It connects the water Mains to the central heating system of the boiler as you say.
To operate the filling link, you need the white key.
U need to insert the T-shaped key into the slot with padlock signs. Then, twist it into position to link the two pipes.
Use the white screw-like knob by the key slot to fill the boiler system - watch the pressure gauge... I was told to aim for between 1-1.5.

Then, make sure you do everything in reverse before taking the white key out - when you can expect some drops of water to come out.

Hope this helps!

Sponsored Links
thanks a lot!!!

I found the key and have refilled and heating is back on again. Cheers. I dont know why this boiler is the exception to the flexi hose rule!!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back