refilling the system after draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Old Thorn floor standing boiler withMyson unit three pump etc.
System has stopped working, hot water first and then heating. Suspect the pump so drained system expecting to see sludge. No sludge. Rotated pump using outer arrangement ,free but not very. Attempted refill to re-try but nothing much happening.Any specific process needed, ie which rad?bleed valve first or might there be a blockage, if so what next???

Sponsored Links
Yep. I thought there might be a blockage so have blown into the tank outlet. No result. Still not filling.

sounds more like the cold feed blocked in the airing cupboard........

if there is water in the small heating tank and nowt going into the system

Sponsored Links
Cheers .I'll give that a look,if I can. Keep the ideas coming please.

if you follow the cold feed pipe down from the tank in the airing cupboard eventully it should tee hopefully near the cylinder older systems are prone to get blocked there.....

Cheers ;trying it now. Any suggestions on how to clear it or is it an unsolder job? Tapping it doesn't seem to be enough!

it can be a very messy job and really its easier as a 2 man job
alot of dust sheets to cover just incase..

i would recommend you get some one in to be fair it wood be safer.

Thank you for your help fellas. I think you've convinced me. I'm on the phone soonest.
Cheers.
JoeL

remove radiator, bung or stop end on vent pipe, hose union fitting onto rad valve, hose to mains tap, back fill.

open manual air bleed valves, don't flood the atic.

Thanks 'Brum'. Could easily be the answer. I'll investigate the costs of new carpets first though. Thanks for your help.
JoeL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back