Refina Plastic finishing trowels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at trowels and came across these plastic trowels.

The last posts about them are several years ago.

Has any one got experience of using them (refina plastic trowels) are they really a substitute for metal trowels?

Sponsored Links
I was looking at trowels and came across these plastic trowels.

The last posts about them are several years ago.

Has any one got experience of using them (refina plastic trowels) are they really a substitute for metal trowels?
good trowels make light work of skimming easy to use it makes skimming easy you can use the Refina really early to flatten in saving time also you can use the trowel more or less as much as you want where over troweling with steel will bring the wet to the surface, I lay on with steel then use Refina from then on, method I use is lay on with steel then cross trowel with refina then one or two more cross trowels job done I may even give it a go with the old plastic Barton trowel I have which leaves a better finish than the refina 3 of the lads on here also bought some Barton trowels off me they will also tell you how good the finish is

3 of the lads on here also bought some Barton trowels off me they will also tell you how good the finish is

Loved that trowel Steve, so does my cousin..i lent it to him over a year ago and am still waiting on it back. :rolleyes:

3 of the lads on here also bought some Barton trowels off me they will also tell you how good the finish is

Loved that trowel Steve, so does my cousin..i lent it to him over a year ago and am still waiting on it back. :rolleyes:
lol it's no surprise he hasent given it back to you I've had countless spreads ask me for it when I've been onsite that's why I bought a bulk order but the plastics company started wanting to much money it wasent viable I ended up buying left over blades about 10 I think so I have enough blades to last me my career also i have one new trowel and two used ones, last time I spoke to plastics company he had about 30 made up but I dident buy em

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back