refitting my bathroom, what do i need to know

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have decided to re fit my bathroom as it is very small and could be set out far better to save space.

I am lloking for advice firstly on how i cap water pips and how i join one pipe to another as i currently don't have a shower but will be fitting one when i fit the bathroom (a mixer shower).

At the moment my toilet backs straingt onto the waste diposal pipe on the wall but i would like to move it to the other side of the bathroom however what is the minimum downward slope angle i can have for the waste pipe as it will have to run and extra 4 feet to reach the waste disposal pipe and around a ninty degree corner then head out through the wall and into the down pipe outside.

I'm sure i'll have other questions but for now i'd appreciate if anyone can advise me on any of these basic issues thank you in advance,

col

Sponsored Links
I don't think anyone can tell you how to join pipes over a key board.
Try joining your hands together and if you can do that, thats a start.

To move the loo to a new place in the room is a big ask for someone with little plumbing experience. I for one would work around the loo and see how best to set out the other fittings, but I'm not a plumber but someone with some DIY experience of plumbing. All the best with your new bath room.
Pete

Sponsored Links
I.

At the moment my toilet backs straingt onto the waste diposal pipe on the wall but i would like to move it to the other side of the bathroom however what is the minimum downward slope angle i can have for the waste pipe as it will have to run and extra 4 feet to reach the waste disposal pipe and around a ninty degree corner then head out through the wall and into the down pipe outside.

col
Leave it where it is - that extra bend and 4 feet of pipe is not a good idea :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back